E. Ten Commandments
1) Your resume may only get 10 Seconds of viewing time. This is the TEN Second rule.
2 ) Drop the “objective.” The purpose of submitting a resume is to gain employment, this is understood by the reader.
3) Use a larger then normal font.
4) Keep your content to ONE (1) page only.
5) Your contact info MUST be current. You MUST respond to potential employers.
6) Your resume must be factually true, and free of omissions.
7) You must have the content of your resume committed to memory. You don’t want to draw blank in the middle of an interview about a detail in YOUR resume.
8) Have a friend proficient in grammar and spelling proof read your document, or use https://www.grammarly.com, OR better yet hire your own editor at https://www.fiverr.com
9) Upload, email or otherwise send a high quality pdf document NOT a MS word document. It you are going to an in person interview consider printing on high quality paper.
10) Make certain your social media profile(s) matches the image you are conveying in your resume.